Today’s post we are showing how to prioritize Network Adapters in our Windows 10 PC. I mean if we are using 2 network adapters in our PC (Ethernet & Wi-FI) then which adapter act on first number .As you know its is very important for troubleshooting purpose .
Lets see it step by step :-
Change network adapter priorities using Control Panel :-
- Open Control Panel
- Network and Internet > Network Connections
- Right click the desired connection (Higher Priority Connection)
- Click Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4
- Click Properties > Advanced
- Uncheck ‘Automatic Metric’
- Enter 10 in ‘Interface Metric’
- Click OK
very important : The lower the metric number means higher priority, and a higher number indicates lower priority.
Lets Understand through Picture –