In today’s time every person uses computer in his daily life. Today maximum peoples want to learn and know this computer . We know that the computer needs electric current to work, but this electric current should be in only DC modes.DC Mode mean Direct Current. Today we will learn about SMPS, a very useful part of this computer. In this topic we well learn “what is SMPS in computer & why its require ?
What is SMPS ?
- Its a PSU (Power Supply Unit ) .
- It is an electronic power supply that incorporates a switching regulator to convert electrical power efficiently.
- SMPS is a kind of electronic device which converts AC (Alternate Current) current into DC (Direct Current ) current.
- It works between 110 W to 230 W.
Why SMPS require to PC ?
- The main function of SMPS in a computer is to convert the AC current to DC and then supply it to the motherboard.
- SMPS regulate and provide reliable output irrespective of variation in input voltage for proper functioning of your computer.
- SMPS provide +3.3V, +5V, and +12V
Types Of Connector :-
ATX Connector (20 & 24 Pin)
This is a Mother Board Connector, this connector gives the charge of Mother Board +12 Volt. This connector uses AT SMPS 20 pin, and ATX SMPS 24 Pin.
CPU Connector (4 Pin Square type)
This connector is needed for the CPU which uses 4 pins which are all 12v and there is a connector named, SATA Power Connector.
SATA Power Connector (4 Pin )
Another 4 Pin connector is very us-full for SATA hard drive , DVD roam , etc. its provide 5 volts DC.