Friends, in today’s post, we will know about the difference between USB 3.0 and USB 2.0. If you want to understand USB 3 and USB 2 then you are reading the right post and I will share a lot of information about USB with you guys in this post. You must read the entire post from beginning to end and tell how did you like this information and if I have missed anything, then definitely tell through your comments.
What is USB?
The full form of USB is Universal Serial Bus. Which is an interface and which is used for communication between USB Devices and Host (Computer). Such as USB Pen Drive and Computer, USB Camera, USB Mic, USB Keyboard & Mouse. All these devices are connected to some USB port of the computer.
USB Generations : USB 1.0 , USB 2.0 , USB 3.0 & USB 3.1
By the way, the use of USB first started from 1996 and gradually its new generations came. Keeping in mind the USB Generations, it can be said that the first USB 1.0 came in use in the year 1996 while USB 2.0 came in use in the year 2000 and USB 3.0 in the year 2008.
USB first came into circulation in 1996. At that time its main use was to connect keyboard, mouse, printer to the computer. Its speed was or is 12 Megabits Per Second.
USB 2.0 was introduced around the year 2000 and it was known as High Speed USB. Its speed is 480 Megabits Per Second.
It was known as Super Speed USB and was introduced around 2009. USB 3.0 has 9 connector wires, due to which it is able to do two way communication. Its data transfer speed is 5 Gigabits Per Second. Its next version is USB 3.1 and its data transfer speed is 10 Gigabits Per Second.
Difference Between USB 3.0 & USB 2.0
- The color of USB 3.0 is Blue while the color of USB 2.0 is Whit or Black.
- USB 2.0 has 4 connector wires while USB 3.0 has 9 connector wires.
- USB 2.0 does One Way Communication while USB 3.0 does Two Way Communication.
- The data transfer speed of USB 2.0 is 480 Mbps while the data transfer speed of USB 3.0 is 4800 Mbps.
- USB 2.0 delivers about 500 mA of power while USB 3.0 delivers about 900 mA of power. Therefore, the mobile charges quickly with USB 3.0.